Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adopting an illegitimate Child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Adopting an illegitimate Child on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:54 am


Arresto Menor
Kindly give advice. Here is the situation.

Peter has an illegitimate (recognized based on his birth certificate)son Ramil now 12 years old. Peter raised his son alone since the mother is irresponsible and a drug addict and they have long been separated when Ramil was still a year old. Peter wish to work abroad and will bring Ramil with him to continue his study where Peter would be working. My questions Sir are:
1. Can he bing his child with him?
I am sure that the mother out of revenge(due to their separations) perhaps or being out of her minds as a result of taking illegal drugs, will not consent for the travel of her son.
2. Can Peter apply for the adoption of Ramil?
3.Is adoption a long proceess in court?
4. How long will it take for a lawyer to prepare the documentations and present it to the court?

Kindly help since Peter is desperate in leaving the country for work as immigrant worker and would bring his son with him. Can you suggest the best alternative? Thank you so much.

View user profile

2 Re: Adopting an illegitimate Child on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
1. Yes he can bring his child with him.

2. Yes Peter can apply adoption SOLELy

3. It depends on court workload.

4. Only few papers needed here since the adopter is the biological parent of the adopted and likewise, the same was recognized in the birth certificate. A few days perhaps for the papers depending also to the workload of the lawyer.

View user profile

3 adopting an illegitimate child on Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 am


Arresto Menor
Thanks a lot. It reaaly help.

View user profile

4 Giving property to a natural child on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 am

maria de la cruz

Arresto Menor
Someone had a  natural child who was
taken cared of as a "foundling"
by a relative & subsequently adopted.
There was no birth certificate;
only a baptismal certificate.
If the biological mother
were to give an agricultural property
in the Philippines
to this child, how can this be arranged?
How does one get a birth certificate in this
case?Thank you in advance for your response.

View user profile

5 Re: Adopting an illegitimate Child on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:39 am


through a deed of donation.

late registration

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum