Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitimation of my brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legitimation of my brother on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:38 pm

dolleyes

Arresto Menor
My mother didnt write my father's name in my brother's birth certificate. Now we are having a dilemma since my dad is already an american citizen and he wants to petition my brother since he is still a minor. What should we do to prove that he is my father's son? Is legitimation an option? Our parents are never married since my dad is already married to another woman before us

Please advice. Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Legitimation of my brother on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
You may do either:

1. File for late registration, include in the new registration the name of the father.

2. File a petition for filiation.

Legitimation is not an option because of prior marriage of your father.

View user profile

3 Re: Legitimation of my brother on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm

dolleyes

Arresto Menor
Thank you!

Is it possible to register again? My brother has his birth cert already indicating that the father is "unknown".

What is filiation?

Thank you again! More power!

View user profile

4 Re: Legitimation of my brother on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:05 pm

attyLLL

imo, the father should execute an affidavit of acknowledgment and authority to use surname of the father (if desired) to be filed at the local civil registry. it can be notarized at the ph consulate

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Legitimation of my brother on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
dolleyes wrote:Thank you!

Is it possible to register again? My brother has his birth cert already indicating that the father is "unknown".

Yes it is possible, though it seems to be illegal but it works. Just indicate in the 2nd Birth certificate the full name of the father and used it as the childs official record. (This is the practical and out of the book, way of doing it.)

dolleyes wrote:
What is filiation?

Process of establishing the relationship of the child towards his/her father.

**In both querries, i subscribe to AttyLLL's opinion as posted above.(The safe and secure way)

View user profile

6 Re: Legitimation of my brother on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

attyLLL

even with late registration, you will need an acknowledgment from the father. at the same time, if nso finds out there was a previous birth cert, they will cancel the second one. consequence of shortcuts.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

7 Re: Legitimation of my brother Today at 11:45 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum