Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Correction of entry on birth cert (surname)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Correction of entry on birth cert (surname) on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:26 pm


Arresto Menor
Sir i would like to ask some help, I got married in 1991 with my first boyfriend, we thought the secret marriage was not valid. after a few months we broke up. I had a boyfriend and got pregnant in 1992 and 1993. i did not use the surname of the biological father coz we were not married and got separated after he flew to the US..after 6 yrs i met my first bf again. we got married on the 2nd time and when he decided to file for adoption for my 2 kids, we found out that our first marriage was legal ( we got a copy of marriage contract at NSO). Our petition for adoption got dismissed due to lack of merit and the court decision was to correct the entry to the birthcertificate of my children due to prior marriage with my first boyfriend. i would like to know how long it would take to file for correction of entry on the birthcertificate of my children to carry the name of my husband? Thank you and Godbless.

View user profile


first, you should be discussing this with your lawyer. if the court decision is that the last names should be changed then, perhaps the court can order the civil registrar to change it. or you will have to file another court petition for correction of entries

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hi sir, i already filed a petition for correction of entries. Gusto ko lang pong malaman kung pwede rin na hindi i grant ng court ung petition ko to correct the birth cert, ksi nakita nila na naka sign ung biological father s birth cert ng mga anak ko although kasal muna kami ng husband ko bago ako nag ka anak s iba..Wala na rin po akong balita s biological father ng 2 children ko.

Thank you and Godbless!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum