Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Application for Marriage License

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Application for Marriage License on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:25 am

Arresto Menor
Hello po, just a question. Im an ofw, and im going to be married this coming March, ang issue ko po is applying for the marriage license. Ok lang po ba na yung fiancee ko magsubmit ng form with my signature sa LCR since limited lang yung vacation time na binigay nang employer ko. And also what concerns me is yung dapat daw personal appearance of both parties sa LCR and seminar kaso di ko makaattend since 5 days lang yung nabigay na vacation date sa akin prior sa wedding namin. thanks

View user profile

2 Re: Application for Marriage License on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:45 am

Hi OFW, whether you plan on having a civil or a church wedding, the Marriage License is a requirement in getting married in the Philippines. Application for the license can be secured at the local Civil Registry from the city, town or municipality where either the bride or groom resides. Your personal appearance is also a non-negotiable requirement in the said application. Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the Application to the issuance of the marriage license. The license is valid for 120 days from date of issuance and may be used anywhere in the Philippines. My advice is, Process it with your Partner and make it first priority after you disembark an airplane home. I am not really sure if the Local Philippine Embassy there on the Country of your Work could issue the same document like in American Embassy's Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry. Anyway, as far as my recollection goes, application for Marriage License is a "Must" show-in-person thing.

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

3 Re: Application for Marriage License on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 am

Arresto Menor
There was a proposal from the head of the two departments sa city hall, they told my fiancee that she can mail the application to me and signed it and I will send it back and they will do the processing. My fiancee explained my case to them. since di ako pinayagan umalis ng umaaga ng employer

View user profile

4 Re: Application for Marriage License on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Arresto Menor
Hi, same question with similar situation po Attorney...

As you stated po, "Philippine law prescribes a ten-day waiting period from the filing of the Application to the issuance of the marriage license.", pwede po ba namin asikasuhin yung application for marriage license the moment we arrive in the Philippines, but don't have to wait and claim the marriage license ourselves after 10-long days?

Kasi we are only allowed up to a week of vacation leave (maximum) lalo na if only for this purpose only. Can we authorize one of our relatives (my mom for example) or my wedding planner to claim the marriage license after the 10-day period?

Thanks and regards.

View user profile

5 Re: Application for Marriage License on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Ernie Villamento

Arresto Menor
Same problem here Sir.
Pwede po ba na to follow na lang ang marriage license lets say ikasal muna. saka asikasuhin ang marriage lincense because most of the employer here in UAE only allow 5 - 7 days of vacation time. other wise can we authorize one of our relatives for example my mom or my sister to do it in my behalf?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum