Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Job redundancy PLEASE HELP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Job redundancy PLEASE HELP on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:04 pm


Arresto Menor
I am currently working for a big known mutinational company in the Philippines.Last November 2012, I got into an argument with a person that I work with,she and I handle the same product but she is the country brand lead. She is not my boss.She called me lazy and said some hurtful words in text messages.I saved them all.I escalated to my manager and he said he will talk to her.I did not file a case in HR but I mentioned it to them.So I continued with my job and we do not talk.One time my manager informed me that she escalated me to her ASEAN bosses and that my manager needed to defend what I had been doing. She was feeding something different to the ASEAN bosses.Then last week, Feb 7 my manager talked to me and said that my position is redundant and will not be funded anymore and he said that it was decided by ASEAN.I have one month to find a new job within the organization or I have to go but they will pay me what is due.I really do not care about the money because I need a stable job as I am a single mother. He mentioned that this did not happen only in the Philippines.Fortunately, I have friends in other countries and found out their roles are safe.So I have this feeling my rift with this girl is the cause of this. What should I do? Please help me! Thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: Job redundancy PLEASE HELP on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 am


Reclusion Perpetua
the company has the prerogative to declare a position redundant, for as long as they will pay you 1 month salary for every year of service, and 1 month notice, it is perfectly legal.

however, you can question their decision and file a case at NLRC, they have to prove that your position was really redundant.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum