Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Late Registration

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Late Registration on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 pm


Arresto Menor
hi po, mag tatanong sana po ako tungkol sa pag late registration ko sana po matulongan nyo po ako.ganito po yun-

Yung parents ko hindi kasal pero pinadala ako ng father ko sa surname niya ng simula ako mag aral hanggang college nako ngayon tapos ngayong graduating nako ngayon ko lang nalaman na wala pala akong record sa nso at ngayon gusto ko sanang mag pa late registration kaso di ko na nakita yung father ko para papirmahin ko siya sa authorization na authorized ako magdala ng apelyido niya at ngayon napagdesidesiyonan ng mama ko na mag pa late registration ako at yung surname niya yung gagamitin ko pwede po ba yun? na college nako at graduating na?paano yung mga records ko mula elementary at highschool sana po matulungan nyo ako.

View user profile

2 Re: Late Registration on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:30 pm


As I see it, you need to REALLY find your Bio-Father because all your Scholastic Records are using his Surname; Otherwise, tons of Paper-works will befall you. There is no negotiation for these requirements as follows:

a) if the person is less than eighteen (18) years old, the following shall be required:

i) four (4) copies of the Certificate of Live Birth duly accomplished and signed by the proper parties;

ii) accomplished Affidavit for Delayed Registration at the back of Certificate of Live Birth by the father, mother, or guardian, declaring therein, among other things, the following: • name of child; • date and place of birth; • name of the father if the child is illegitimate and has been acknowledged by him; • if legitimate, the date and place of marriage of parents; and • reason for not registering the birth within thirty (30) days after the date of birth

In case the party seeking late registration of the birth of an illegitimate child is not the mother, the party shall, in addition to the foregoing facts, declare in a sworn statement the recent whereabouts of the mother.

iii) any two of the following documentary evidences which may show the name of the child, date and place of birth, and name of mother (and name of father, if the child has been acknowledged):
• baptismal certificate;
• school records (nursery, kindergarten, or preparatory);
• income tax return of parent/s;
• insurance policy;
• medical records; and
• others, such as barangay captain’s certification.

iv) affidavit of two disinterested persons who might have witnessed or known the birth of the child.

b) If the person is eighteen (18) years old or above.
i) all the requirements for the person who is less than eighteen (18) years old; and
ii) Certificate of Marriage, if married.

2. Delayed registration of birth, like ordinary registration made at the time of birth, shall be filed at the Office of the Civil Registrar of the place where the birth occurred.

3. Upon receipt of the application for delayed registration of birth, the civil registrar shall examine the Certificate of Live Birth presented, whether it has been completely and correctly filled in and all requirements have been complied with.

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

3 Re: Late Registration on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 am


Arresto Menor
Good day po. Gusto ko lang po magtanong kung ano po process n kailangan ko gawin tungkol s marraige ng parents ko. Ang sabi po nila nagpkasal daw po sila s Cabuyao Laguna nung November 8, 1980. Meron daw po silang kopya dati ng marraige Certificate nila pero since nakailang lipat nadin po kami ng bahay at nabaha po kmi dati, nawala na po ung copy nila. Kailangan ko din po silang ienroll as dependent ko s Philhealth, so nagrequest po ako sa NSO ng copy pero wala daw po. Ang dumating po sa amin eh ung CENOMAR. Ano po bang kailangan kong gawin. Pwede po ba na mgapa Late Registration na lang? Salamat po!

View user profile

4 Re: Late Registration on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:16 am


The fact that there is no record in the registry of marriage does not invalidate a marriage, as long as all the requisites for its validity are present when the same was celebrated. The forwarding of a copy of the marriage certificate to the registry is not one of the requisites for the validity of the marriage (People vs. Borromeo, G.R. No. L-61873, October 31, 1984, citing Pugeda vs. Trias, 4 SCRA 849).

The duty to register a marriage and the obligation to send a copy of the marriage certificate to the civil registrar falls upon the officer who solemnizes the marriage (Article 23, Family Code of the Philippines). You mentioned that your parents’ marriage was not registered at the NSO. Their marriage may still be registered through delayed registration. The registration should be made in the civil register of the place where their marriage was celebrated. In delayed registration of marriage, the solemnizing officer or the person reporting or presenting the marriage certificate for registration shall be required to execute and file an affidavit in support thereof, stating the exact place and date of marriage, the facts and circumstances surrounding the marriage, and the reason or cause of the delay.

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum