Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

change of surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 change of surname on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi! Just want to seek legal opinion regarding change of surname. I've been using my father's surname in all my documents...schools..employment etc. My parents are not married and I later found out that my surname in my birth certificate is that of my mother. My question is:
1. if my father acknowledges that I'm his child, will I be able to use his surname in my birth certificate?
2. if my parents get married, can this be a basis for a change in my surname?

I have searched the internet and found RA 9255 but it seems that it is only applicable for births on August 3, 1988 and later. I was born 1974. Thank you and I will appreciate your response

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum