Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

vehicular accident damage to property

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 vehicular accident damage to property on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

vriansevilla

Arresto Menor
[justify] hello po! I need legal advice regarding vehicular accident. Nabangga ako ng taxi sa may likuran sa may r10. I already have the police report n salaysay ng driver. Nakausap ko during the accident yung operator ng taxi at nagsabi n insurance to insurance n lng. After ko makausap insurance ko. Kailangan ko p din daw bayaran participation fee. Plus mga 2 months daw bago maayos yung car ko according sa casa. My question, gusto ko kase na yung operator ang magbayad ng participation fee and since d ko magagamit yung car, icompensate nya din ako dun sa araw n d ko magagamit yung car since magtaxi ako. Ok lng po ba to? Or ano po b dapat ko gawin action.

Thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: vehicular accident damage to property on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 pm

vriansevilla

Arresto Menor
By the way, sino po b liable dito, yung driver, operator or both?

View user profile

3 Re: vehicular accident damage to property on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm

attyLLL

the one liable is the driver, but if he is insolvent, the operator and the registerd owner also.

be careful of asking the operator to pay for the participation, that can be construed as a settlement and your insurance company might lose the right to sue them and then they will reject your claim.

participation fee sucks, but that's the (additional) price of insurance.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: vehicular accident damage to property on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 am

vriansevilla

Arresto Menor
What do you mean by insolvent? Does that mean i cant charge them to pay for anything? If i pay for the participation fee, can my insurance reimburse me? I mean i want them to pay for the damages and hassle it caused me.

View user profile

5 Re: vehicular accident damage to property on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:07 am

vriansevilla

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the reply. I just found out that the tpl of the operator is underinsured. Now they are trying to make a settlement. But what they want is to pay me through their insurance. Does that mean, my insurance will reject my claim of own damage? How about the damages it cost me? For example, i have to take a cab to work because i cant use my car. Will my insurance pay me for that and claim that from the operators insurance.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum