Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

unmarried teacher but has husband

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 unmarried teacher but has husband on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:19 am

shaneymae

Arresto Menor
i am not married but i do have husband who supports me and my child. the reason why we are not married yet it is because my husband works abroad he doesn't finished his contract yet. we were supposed to get married last year but his employer forced him to leave Phils. because there is a very important job to do. so we decided to just get married the soon as he arrives from abroad. the problem is my principal wanted to terminate me because me and my husband are not married,. am i an illegal teacher? can she terminate me?please help.thank you and God bless

View user profile

2 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

raheemerick

Reclusion Perpetua
posible kc kalakaip ng pagiging guro ang pag kakaron ng magandang imahe sa mata ng mga mag aaral. lalo na sa usaping moralidad. ako man ang principal ganyan din ang gagawin ko. ano na lng sasabihin ng magulang ng mag aaral kung mismong ang guro o ikalwang magulang nito ang may ganyang imahe ang isang guro sa kanilang eskwelahan. pinsan ko nnagng teahcer sa private school natanggal eh.. kc na jontis ng bf pro hndi sya pinaksalan. tapos nag bf sya ng iba. ayun na jobless ang hitad! ahahaah .masakit oo. ramdam ko yan. pero kasama sa obligasyon ng isang guro ang manatili ang magandang imahe sa mata ng lipunan. dpt alam mo yan bago ka pa man kumuha ng ganyang kurso. may posibilities din na matangalan ka ng lisensya sa sandaling makarating ito sa kinauukulan..

the very best thing here is itagao mo ang iyong relation sa mata ng lipunan.. sa karaniwang tao nga, di magandang tingan ang ganyang senaryo. what more pba sa isang guro na gaya mo?

masakit oo. mahrap oo. pero wla tayong magagawa kundi itama ang lahat. sa tamang oras at panahon. maayos din yan. pero kung legalidad ang pag uusapan. maari ka namang makasal sa bf mo kahit nasa abroad sya. maraming paraan dahil minsan na yang nagawa ng ilan dahil sa ibat ibang kadahilanan. bagamat ilegal na paraan? pero sa mata ng lipunanan at sa documento ay magiging legal ang pagiging mag asawa nyo. just see to it lng na pareho kayung may laya na makapag pakasal sa isat isa. mahirap na. bka bigamy at adultery naman ang kasadlakan ng beauty mo teh:)

View user profile

3 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:54 pm

jd888

Totally agree with @raheemerick, inform him to Repatriate and Tie the Knot. It is prudent and proper. In case there is a Manpower Agency in between, just inform them of the gravity of situation.

The other choice is, Honorable Resignation. Resign before they can fire you in the issue of Morality.

Just apply to another institution after you got married when he comes home.

Simple.

4 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 pm

attyLLL

i believe it is wrong to even make you feel immoral that you have a common law relationship, even if you are a teacher.

if you are strong willed enough, i hope you do not resign and fight for your right granted under the magna carta for women which i would hold is suppletory in this situaton:

(c) Expulsion and non-readmission of women faculty due to
pregnancy outside of marriage shall be outlawed.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:31 pm

jd888

@shaneymae above post of @attyLLL is correct.

just one question... is this a Catholic School?

6 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm

shaneymae

Arresto Menor
this is not a catholic school,.i am working at a public school

View user profile

7 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 pm

jd888

Public School? Then let your principal be informed that our country has already come out of the dark ages, and enlightenment should have reached a lot of constipated minds, including hers, by now.

The Solo Parents’ Welfare Act of 2000 (Republic Act No.8972), signed during the term of President Estrada, “….provides benefits and privileges to solo parents and their children…” It is imperative for this principal to educate herself with the laws of the land, specifically concerning her co-workers. I believe that though your being unmarried as of this posting, you can still be technically considered a parent.

They cannot terminate you in grounds of Immorality? Immorality is a term that cuts a broad swath on the horizon. Unless there is a moral impediment involved in this relationship, such as you being impregnated by a married man, the term shouldn’t be used lightly against single consenting adults. Is your boyfriend married, by any chance?

Let the law work for your rights and defend you against unmitigated biases. Enough of these constraints that are so unduly oppressive and unnecessary!

How could your principal be ignorant of this? Where has she been hiding all these years—under a boulder in the hinterlands?

Strict Morality issues are usually normal with Catholic Schools with Code of Conduct being implemented and Faculty Members being subscribed to in a separate contract or clause within a contract.

But this is a Public School.

8 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:16 am

shaneymae

Arresto Menor
he is not married to any girl. i know it most because he is our neighbor and my childhood friend.. it so happen that our wedding date was postponed because his employer wanted him to go back to work because their production was very fast. we plan that we will get married on march 16, 2013, but then i cannot wait for that date to arrive because im so pressured with what my principal said that she wanted to terminate me..... i really want to seek a lawyer to explain everything to my principal.

well in fact i am the one who accept now the salary of my husband. it so happen that he was called for a work....

View user profile

9 Re: unmarried teacher but has husband on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 pm

jd888

I hope that you already discussed this matter with your Principal; By the way, can you please describe the attitude of the Principal towards you and how is your relationship with her/him professionally?

Getting a Lawyer is the best option here; your Lawyer will guide you through this predicament.

Good luck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum