Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfering Land Title to a child if one co-owner is deceased

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good afternoon, My parents owned a land in negros occidental. The title is in my father's name married to my mother. My father died recently. My mother wants to transfer the land to me. How do we go to the process? Will this take a long time?


View user profile


if you are an only child, you and your mother should execute a settlement of estate wherein your mother can renounce her share. this will transfer your father's half to you.

at the same time your mother can donate to you her conjugal share. note the taxes can be hefty.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum