Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Problems regarding my birthcertificate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Problems regarding my birthcertificate on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

josephine bonifacio

Arresto Menor
Regarding po sa gender, first name and birthdate ko.Nag kapalit po kami ng kapaitd ko ng name at birthdate.YUn pong hawak namin galing sa municipal ay tama naman po , kaso pag dating sa NSO mali na po at nagkapalit na kami ng kuya ko.Ano tamang prosesong dapat gawin at kung magkano.Yun pong sinisingil sa amin na ph30,000 o mas higit pa sa bawat isang tao eh tama lang ho ba ang dapat na isingil sa amin?
Maraming salamat po at sanay mapayuhan nyo ako kung papano maayos ang birthcertificate ko.

View user profile

2 Re: Problems regarding my birthcertificate on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 am


I really doubt the documents that you have acquired at the Municipal Office; because the NSO is solely reliant on the Docs submitted to them by the LGUs.

@josephine bonifacio, there are ten (10) steps to be undertaken in the correction of an entry in a civil registry document

Contact a lawyer who will prepare the Petition for Correction of Entry.

Lawyers shall file the Petition in the Regional Trial Court. The fee for filing the Petition in the Regional Trial Court is Php 160.00.

The Petition will be raffled and assigned to a branch of the Regional Trial Court.

The assigned Regional Trial Court shall issue an Order for the publication of its Order in a newspaper of general circulation for three consecutive weeks. Fee for publication varies.

The Order contains the date of the first hearing.

During the first hearing, the lawyer will present compliance of the jurisdictional requirements like publication of the Order in a newspaper of general circulation.

After establishing compliance with jurisdictional requirements, the petitioner will be presented in Court to testify. The Court may assign the Clerk of Court to receive evidence.

During the hearing, it is possible that an oppositor may appear contesting the Petition. If no oppositor appears, the Clerk of Court will receive the petitioner's evidence.

After presentation of evidence, the Court will rule on the Petition.

If the decision is favorable, the Court will order the Office of Civil Registrar to correct the entry in the civil registry document (birth/marriage/death certificate of the petitioner).

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum