Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate child pursuing inheritance

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Illegitimate child pursuing inheritance on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Arresto Menor
Good day. I was hoping you could give me advice on my situation.

I am an illegitimate child. My biological father is married and has 4 children around twice my age - all have established businesses and are all married. He has given me his surname and is registered in my birth certificate as my father. However, I did not live with him nor with my biological mother. I was adopted by my aunt from my father's side and I've lived with them since I was 3 months old. I have never been legally adopted by them, though.

I would like to know if I have rights to my father's estates and what are the conditions for such. I have not communicated with my father on these matters as he has been bedridden for years due to old age (he is in his 80's). My half-siblings have taken charge of his assets. I am not aware if there is any last will drafted already.

How should I go about pursuing my inheritance? Would having a settlement with my half-siblings be a better and less time consuming step? I am also apprehensive since these matters might take time and a lot of money.

Thank you very much for your time and am looking forward to your response.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum