Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate Problem

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birth Certificate Problem on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:09 pm


Arresto Menor
Dear Atty.,
Since I started school I have been using my present name and place of birth.When I was applying for a passport, i went to NSO to get a certification and they said that I have no record there.I went to the place i was using as my birthplace and i was able to get a birth certificate.I was able to use that to get my passport.Later on I can not get again a copy of my bc from NSO.I get again a bc and presented to them and that's the time they told me that I have a bc with another name and place of birth.All other data are the same.My NSO bc has discrepancy on 1. Name: Reynaldo(NSO bc)-Arnel(my present name),2. place of birth: Manila(NSO bc)-Benguet(the one I'm using), 3. minor discrepancy in surname Tiopengco(NSO bc)-Teopengco(the one I'm using). Can I apply for petition using RA 10172. Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Birth Certificate Problem on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:54 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Please inquire with your local registry where you live. If this is not possible, your remedy is to file a petition (special proceeding) for correction of entries.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum