Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can u sue some for breach of contract if theyre aussie citizens living is sydney?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arresto Menor
Someone owes me a hefty amout of cash that promised to be paid last nov but never go to deliver. The person is an australian citizen who resides in NSW, Australia. I have an email confirmation from that person stating that he is going to pay me in Nov of last year. I cant contact the person now as he's switched numbers. Is it possible to sue him? I would really appreciate all the legal inputs and of someone can point me to a pro bono lawyer who would be so kind enough to help me with the process. thank you so much.

View user profile

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
If we based it on the law books, then you have a valid cause of action against that fellow. BUT for practical purposes, it is difficult to enforce that claim, considering that:

1. The defendant has no property here in the Philippines.
2. YOu did not know the exact location of him/her.
3. Sending of SUMMONs outside the Philippine territory is so expensive OR Publication of such in his/her place in a newspaper.
4. Lastly, assuming that YOU WIN the case, can that judgment be enforce against him/her? considering that it is a personal obligation.

Im not discouraging you but sometimes in filing a case, we have to look the other side of the game, considering that you need a pro bono counsel.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum