Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

labor code - tardiness issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 labor code - tardiness issues on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:08 am

rhyann

Arresto Menor
HI, I'm new here.. Hope you can help me out. I’ve been trying to look on the labor code and on numerous website about policies regarding deductions on tardiness. So far I haven’t seen anything clear regarding this topic. I just want to know if its legal that my company is deducting 10 pesos per minute the employee is late beyond the 15-minute grace period.

I believe 10pesos/minute is too much not unless the employee is earning around 5,000/day. But we’re only earning around 15-20k per month. I was just thinking, what if I was caught in a heavy traffic and was late by an hour, less the grace period, that’s already a 450 peso deduction. I really hope you can shed light to me on this one.

View user profile

2 Re: labor code - tardiness issues on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:26 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Actually, you can never find that "10 petot deduction per minute in ANY Labor BOoks or even jurisprudence/decided cases by the SC. That is a company's policy to regulate/discipline the employees, but it doesnt mean that the company have a wide latitude of discretion in imposing these policies, thus you may question it at the DOLE, for its legality.

View user profile

3 Re: labor code - tardiness issues on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:02 pm

rhyann

Arresto Menor
thank you for the advise!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum