Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 PARENTAL ADVICE FOR MARRIAGE on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Arresto Menor
Hi I'm 23 years old. And engage with a German citizen we are planning to marry this yearbut i need to ask for the Parents advice from my parents but the thing is they live in new zealand and not here in the philippines? what should i do im super confused. Sad

View user profile

2 Re: PARENTAL ADVICE FOR MARRIAGE on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 pm

You are of Legal Age, you do not necessary need Parental Consent.

Parental Advise? Then try to communicate with them, you may just get what you wanted to hear.

But if you are asking about Parental Consent, in addition to the essential and formal requisites of marriage enumerated in Articles 2 and 3, respectively, of the Family Code of the Philippines, any person between the age of 18 and 21, shall need to obtain parental consent as a pre-requisite of marriage (Article 14, Family Code of the Philippines).

The thing is that, you are 23.

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

3 Re: PARENTAL ADVICE FOR MARRIAGE on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 pm

try to arrive early enough so that both of you can apply for the marriage license together. on the form, there will be the space for parental advice.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum