Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I ask for financial support from my husband abroad even if we dont have a child?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
We have been separated for 4 years but not legally

View user profile


Yes, you can compel your husband to send you Financial Support.

Section 5 (e) (2) of Republic Act No. 9262 or otherwise known as the “Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004” provides, to wit:

“SECTION 5. Acts of Violence Against Women and Their Children.- The crime of violence against women and their children is committed through any of the following acts:

X x x

(2) Depriving or threatening to deprive the woman or her children of financial support legally due her or her family, or deliberately providing the woman’s children insufficient financial support;

X x x

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum