Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOSPITAL BILL - FATHER - IN LAW PLANS TO IGNORE

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jazzywazzy1225

Arresto Menor
Kindly help us regarding Hospital Bill. Last April 2012 my mother in law was hospitalized due to rapture brain aneurysm. The bill went up to 1.2m and a promissory note was given be may father - in- law, signed with my husband, that time we're not yet married, I to was ask to signed as third party. He (FATHER IN LAW) promise he will not

Apparently last Feb 4, I received a FINAL DEMAND LETTER from the hospital pertaining to the HOSPITAL BILL (now in 1.4m)that my father in law did'nt pay. we, my husband and I was alarmed because we're just starting our life, we talked to his father and ask what happened and what we should do about this, he just said, he didn't pay it because he can't, he's full of debt and his company was in now bankrupt and he was planning to file bankrupcy.

Asking your legal advice on what to do to address this matter? The documents we signed say: "in case of non-payment in due date and this NOTE is entrusted to an Attorney-at-Law for collection, the maker/s and endorser/s shall pay 20% of the total amount due on this NOTE as collection fees. If court litigation shall be availed of to endforce payment, the DEMAND and notice of dishonor are hereby waived. Holder may accept partial payment and his right against any andf all endorsers are retained not withstanding such partial payment.

Please help us, my father in law will planning to run away by end of March. My husband and I want to face this but we only earn enough for our family, a total of 30k amonth only.

View user profile

jd888

I do not see any reason for you to worry much about this, this is a mere collection tactics to institute fear and distress to the debtors.

Tell your Father-In-Law to stay put and clear his mind of stress.

Tell the Litigation Agency or the Hospital Administration that you will pay it gradually in a particular amount that is acceptable to your budget.

This is your Husband's Parents we are talking about; who will help a Family Member in times of Crisis?

jazzywazzy1225

Arresto Menor
Apparently my Husband is the only son that is capable in helping, he's the second to the eldest. DO we need to talk to the hospital the soonest possible time even without a lawyer?

Are we liable to any case?

Thank you so much.

View user profile

jd888

Yes, you may establish a talk with them, most favorable is with a Lawyer.

No, they cannot file a case against you, unless you have issued them a Cash Value that does not have fund such as Cheque.

Good Luck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum