I'm new in the forum and wanted to ask your legal opinion about the following scenario:
1. Client hires a website design company.
2. Contract is signed to create a website in exchange for monetary payment.
3. 50% Downpayment is paid by client and received by website designer company.
4. Initial work is done with only 1/4 of the agreed output is finished but with designer incurring manpower cost
5. Website designer decides to terminate the project with only 25% progress.
6. Website designer wants to keep 70% of downpayment received.
Question: What is the legal recourse of the client given that he will need to hire another website designer and stands to lose 70% of the downpayment.
Last edited by serendipity on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : In order to clarify)