Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

slcamacho

Arresto Menor
After surrendering a car for not able to continue paying its amortization. Do I still have to pay the unpaid dues with interest?

View user profile

2 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
No. The obligation is already extinguished when they took the car from you.

View user profile

3 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 am

slcamacho

Arresto Menor
Thank you for your promt reply. I am so much exhausted right now on thinking ways of how to solve my problem. I'm in financial difficulties right now and worried that I might still needed to pay the bank even after surrendering my car.

Is there a specific law that support this principle that once the mortgagor took the car I am already free from any obligation of paying the unpaid dues?

Thank you very much!

View user profile

4 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 am

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua

ART. 1484. In a contract of sale of personal property the price of which is payable in installments, the vendor may exercise any of the following remedies:

(1) Exact fulfillment of the obligation, should the vendee fail to pay; .

(2) Cancel the sale, should the vendee's failure to pay cover two or more installments;

(3) Foreclose the chattel mortgage on the thing sold, if one has been constituted, should the vendee's failure to pay cover two or more installments. In this case, he shall have no further action against the purchaser to recover any unpaid balance of the price. Any agreement to the contrary shall be void.

You can use this provision from the NCC

View user profile

5 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Mikealbright

Arresto Menor
Car finance has become big business. A huge number of new and used car buyers in the UK are making their vehicle purchase on finance of some sort, and many people choose to arrange it through the dealership. So what do you need to know about financing your car from the dealer?
http://www.insurance4motortrade.co.uk

View user profile

6 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

hyundai

Arresto Menor
how about my case? i avail the promo of the car dealer. my 57k down payment will be divided into 10 payments of 5,700php thru pdc.. i already surrender the car to the bank. but there are still 4 pdc's worth 22,800php in total. do i still have to pay it?

View user profile

7 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:58 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua
hyundai wrote:how about my case? i avail the promo of the car dealer. my 57k down payment will be divided into 10 payments of 5,700php thru pdc.. i already surrender the car to the bank. but there are still 4 pdc's worth 22,800php in total. do i still have to pay it?

Call the bank, tell them or send them the documents of encumberance, talk to them i would suggest before cancelling the checks. Document what you do.

View user profile

8 Complicated Car loan on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:37 am

Chris1900

Arresto Menor
Hi, Please enlighten me. I have an existing car loan, which is 2 months behind now. I have pawned the car to a loan-shark, because of financial dificulties. To my dismay, I can longer pay the money I borrowed from the loan shark. My questions are:

what happens if I can't pay the car loan and they try to repossess it?

If it's still under the possesion of the loan shark, will the bank take it against me?

And what is going to be the process?

Please help!

View user profile

9 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 pm

ador

Reclusion Perpetua
[quote="Chris1900"]Hi, Please enlighten me. I have an existing car loan, which is 2 months behind now. I have pawned the car to a loan-shark, because of financial dificulties. To my dismay, I can longer pay the money I borrowed from the loan shark. My questions are:

what happens if I can't pay the car loan and they try to repossess it?

-they will hold you accountable. and rightly so. wrong move to pawn the car. It is encumbered, you do not own it yet.

If it's still under the possesion of the loan shark, will the bank take it against me?

-yes

And what is going to be the process?

-you will be in debt, asked to pay up, and surrender the vehicle or face charges.

View user profile

10 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Angel777

Arresto Menor
Hi I would like to ask for your assistance with regards to my car in which I pawned it to another person and that person were no longer in contact with me anymore in short I don't have any idea where exactly the person is right now. Last week the bank finance/legal department of the bank came to our house and was able to talked to my in law since I was not around during the time of their visit, From there they left calling card to be contacted.According to them they could sue me of carnapping. In addition to that I was not able to received any of the letter since November last year (1st moth that I did not pay my monthly amortization sue to my unemployment)
I really wanted to settle this matter and badly needed your response.

View user profile

11 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm

xtianjames

Prision Mayor
better discuss this with the bank as you are liable in this scenario. since your car is still encumbered, technically its the property of the bank and you should not have pawned it.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum