Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm

slcamacho

Arresto Menor
After surrendering a car for not able to continue paying its amortization. Do I still have to pay the unpaid dues with interest?

View user profile

2 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 pm

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua
No. The obligation is already extinguished when they took the car from you.

View user profile

3 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 am

slcamacho

Arresto Menor
Thank you for your promt reply. I am so much exhausted right now on thinking ways of how to solve my problem. I'm in financial difficulties right now and worried that I might still needed to pay the bank even after surrendering my car.

Is there a specific law that support this principle that once the mortgagor took the car I am already free from any obligation of paying the unpaid dues?

Thank you very much!

View user profile

4 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 am

ibonidarna

Reclusion Perpetua

ART. 1484. In a contract of sale of personal property the price of which is payable in installments, the vendor may exercise any of the following remedies:

(1) Exact fulfillment of the obligation, should the vendee fail to pay; .

(2) Cancel the sale, should the vendee's failure to pay cover two or more installments;

(3) Foreclose the chattel mortgage on the thing sold, if one has been constituted, should the vendee's failure to pay cover two or more installments. In this case, he shall have no further action against the purchaser to recover any unpaid balance of the price. Any agreement to the contrary shall be void.

You can use this provision from the NCC

View user profile

5 Re: UNPAID CAR LOAN AMORTIZATION on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Mikealbright

Arresto Menor
Car finance has become big business. A huge number of new and used car buyers in the UK are making their vehicle purchase on finance of some sort, and many people choose to arrange it through the dealership. So what do you need to know about financing your car from the dealer?
http://www.insurance4motortrade.co.uk

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum