Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Annulment question

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Annulment question on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm


Arresto Menor
My question is about the last part of the annulment process. My Fiancee received the Certificate of Finality in Cebu back in August of 2012. Her Attorney informed her that the original copy was sent to Manila, once received in Manila in the Solicitor General's Office they would have 15 days to appeal. As we see it has been 6 months and the original copy has not been received at the court in Cebu.

Does not sound accurate to me, can someone please reply if you have knowledge about the process? I assume she can visit the original court where the decision was made and she can request an update? Once the original copy is found does she take a copy to the Civil Registers Office and NSO or is that done automatically by the court?

Thank you very much for any and all replies.

View user profile

2 Re: Annulment question on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 pm


Arresto Menor
since it has been six months from the date of filing and that the Sol Gen has not commenced any action then it can be said that the decree has attained its finality. what you can do is follow it up with the court of origin to obtain a copy of the decree of finality and then personally file it with the Civil Registrar concerned.

View user profile

3 Re: Annulment question on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:52 pm


she can go to the court herself and verify whether the return of proof of receipt was already back with the court

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum