Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible to be appointed guardian of Filipino child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
We are Americans and we live in the US. We have been sponsoring a Filipino child for almost 3 years. The child is now under the guardianship of the grandmother. The child was abandoned by the mother at birth and the father was murdered a couple of years ago. The grandmother is struggling to provide for the child. Is it possible for the grandmother to appoint us as the child's guardian and we bring the child to the US? Or, do we have to go through an adoption process for that to happen?

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
IMO, No. I think the proper remedy for this issue is adoption.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum