Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

certificate of employment

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 certificate of employment on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:05 pm


Arresto Menor
sir, can i ask if my former employer can hold my certificate of employment? i was terminated due to retrenchment..i received my separation pay in full.. do i have the right to have COE? as their former employee?..what will i do? another...can i file a request if my former employer gave our 13th month pay different from what DOLE rule? instead of having the full monthly earnings..they only gave us the "basic pay" (as what they call it) which is only 1/3 of our monthly salary...

View user profile

2 Re: certificate of employment on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Ofcourse, you are entitled to ask/request for a certificate of employment, despite that you already received your separation pay by reason of retrenchment. That CEO will certify only that you were previously working in that company.

As to the 13th month pay, I THINK(in my opinion lang po)you can no longer ask for that because i believed that after you received your separation pay, the company let you sign a quit claim or waiver for any future claim against the company.(am i right?)

also, that 13th month pay issue must be question from the time you are an active employee of that company, that is, before you were retrenched.

But you can seek for any 2nd opinion or advice here, based on that facts presented.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum