Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

my husband to adopt my illegitimate child

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:50 pm

weslei

Arresto Menor
i had a daughter out of wedlock. i used my surname on her birth certificate. no middle name. although the father signed the affidavit of paternity on the back of the certificate.

paminsan minsan nagkikita sila, minsan lang magbigay ng milk. yung baby ko pa ang pumupunta sa kanila, never dumalaw ang daddy.

i declared myself solo parent at DSWD. i already enjoyed the benefits. I have a written statement there about how i am considered a solo parent.

now i am married and my husband stood as the father of my child. he wants to adopt my child and give his surname.

what are the process we need to go through? kailangan pa ba permission ng daddy ni baby?

how long does it usually take for this? may court proceedings pa ba?

thanks..

View user profile

2 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:50 pm

attyLLL

yes you will need his consent, or you prove that he abandoned the child.

it is both of you who will need to adopt her by filing the appropriate petition in court.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 pm

weslei

Arresto Menor
so it means i'll also adopt her as married woman?

View user profile

4 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:59 am

Ladie

Prision Mayor
Check mo Family Code on "Adoption" requirements and who can adopt.

View user profile

5 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:39 am

attyLLL

yes, as a married couple, you will adopt her jointly. as to you, she will be raised from being your illegitimate to be the legitimate child of both of you.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 pm

melai1285

Arresto Menor
How to prove that he abandoned our child?

View user profile

7 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 am

jmramos007

Arresto Menor
Hello po.. Can i ask what are rye benefits you received from dswd?

View user profile

8 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

attyLLL

melai, testimony by the mother that no support or contact from the mother

View user profile

9 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

weslei

Arresto Menor
what if we want to prove abandonment since there is no support from the start, but suddenly asks for the child's birth certificate to declare the child as his dependent at work.

if they will be able to produce the birth certificate since he can get one from NSO, will it be still considered abandonment if he declares dependency?

View user profile

10 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:34 pm

attyLLL

declaring a dependent only gives him an additional tax break, but it is not support. therefore, you still can claim abandonment.

View user profile

11 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:15 pm

weslei

Arresto Menor
thanks a lot atty =) such a great help..

View user profile

12 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Mlh515

Arresto Menor
I have a slightly same situation the only difference is that the bio father never acknowledge the child. Blank sa birth certificate then eventually I got married. but the thing is, we are here in Canada as permanent residents. How do I go about the process? I need a lawyer, how do I find one? Can that be processed there while we are here? Thanks.

View user profile

13 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

attyLLL

mlh, i recommend you try to adopt him under canadian law.

View user profile

14 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:00 pm

izzamendoza

Arresto Menor
How and where shall we process adoption papers in the case that my new husband would like to adopt my illegitimate (and abandoned) child?

View user profile

15 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:00 pm

izzamendoza

Arresto Menor
How and where shall we process adoption papers in the case that my new husband would like to adopt my illegitimate (and abandoned) child?

View user profile

16 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:27 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
izzamendoza wrote:How and where shall we process adoption papers in the case that my new husband would like to adopt my illegitimate (and abandoned) child?

you can approach DSWD. they can guide you about the procedures.

View user profile

17 Re: my husband to adopt my illegitimate child on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
izzamendoza wrote:How and where shall we process adoption papers in the case that my new husband would like to adopt my illegitimate (and abandoned) child?

You need to hire a lawyer because adoption involves court proceedings.

Should you need legal assistance, please PM me.
Atty Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum