This year they sent me to an assignment in Oil Platform assignment. In Manila they briefed us about the assignment but was very limited in terms of what is the working condition on the Off shore oil platform...I learned the risks from the previous assigned employee 2 weeks before the expatriation and a week before the time to travel I am backing out citing the fear I have of the safety as well as my fear in water and isolation..They demand that I should go for the assignment because I have no choice because it is included in the contract I signed in the pre-employment(but the oil platform was not discussed)..
Here are some points I want to emphasize that is included or supplemetal on the previous paragraph
1. The assignment was discussed and the risk of the Oil Platform was not presented for us to have time to think about the offer
2. During the time the assignment was discussed ,there was no discussion that another bond will be included on a new contract - i only learned this when the time the Manager asked me to sign - He said all the things we have discussed is there, but when I noticed the amount that was never discussed he said it is just to cover for the expenses if I will not finish the contract
3. The contract states that the assignment is Developmental , to help or support the local office here abroad - but we where sent here in compliance with a purchase order to Manila ordering people with Specialized skills....We are sent to support customers alone on offshore, and the customers are expecting we are very skilled....
4. We are issued with a working Permit....but we are documented by office as on the job training
5. OWWA or POEA do not know that we are working here....if something happens to us in offshore, we are still undocumented in the Phils Goverernment as working here in abroad...our campany gives the salary in Manila to evade this (Is this legal?)
> I would like to state a case: That there is a Fraud regarding the assignment details and a force of labor even I am stating that I have fears with the different aspect of this assignment...even I am begging them to send me to other destinations to still serve the company but without the oil platforms......