Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

add your 2 cents please

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 add your 2 cents please on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Arresto Menor

1. Both husband and wife are US citizens and they jointly filed a divorce abroad - divorce granted in March 2012 in Nevada USA

2. Wife came back to the Philippines in June 2012 and re-acquired Filipino citizenship - became dual citizen in August 2012. Husband remained US citizen

3. Petition for recognition of divorce abroad - filed in November 2012 in Pasay RTC.

1. Filing a joint divorce being both US citizen at the time, will this affect the petition on process in Pasay RTC now that the petitioner (wife) is a dual citizen?

2. In your opinion, will the petition be granted for the wife to be able to re-marry?

3. Is there any reason that you can think of that the petition will be denied?

Opinions are appreciated. Thank you!

View user profile

2 Re: add your 2 cents please on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

she should discuss this with her own lawyer, but based on these facts, they are on the right track.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum