1. Both husband and wife are US citizens and they jointly filed a divorce abroad - divorce granted in March 2012 in Nevada USA
2. Wife came back to the Philippines in June 2012 and re-acquired Filipino citizenship - became dual citizen in August 2012. Husband remained US citizen
3. Petition for recognition of divorce abroad - filed in November 2012 in Pasay RTC.
1. Filing a joint divorce being both US citizen at the time, will this affect the petition on process in Pasay RTC now that the petitioner (wife) is a dual citizen?
2. In your opinion, will the petition be granted for the wife to be able to re-marry?
3. Is there any reason that you can think of that the petition will be denied?
Opinions are appreciated. Thank you!