Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

annullment but not filing adultery

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 annullment but not filing adultery on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:47 pm

grivera

Arresto Menor
atty.,

I was married in 1993, we had 2 sons, however in 1998 my wife got involved with her officemate,although without proof and purely hearsay, my in-laws can attest that it was true. to save the marriage i ask her to confess everything,and she said it was only MU and nothing more. I tried to live with that in order to save the marriage as long as i wont hear anything about the affair anymore. Came 1999, i receive an anonymous call, and again telling me that i should be aware of the real situation happening between my wife and her officemate.
In order for her to admit it, i made a situation for her to get jealous,i praised my sister in law (my brothers wife) for being a good wife to my brother, and me getting closer to her. with that she admitted that she went with the guy to manila.

with rage, i left her and my kids and tried to start a new life in 2000, and my kids were adopted by my mother in law. but in 2003, my mother in law ask me to go back and help her guide my kids. My wife and I lived in the same house till 2007, on separate rooms and rarely talk to each other. we had already have clandestine relationship with other parties during that time.

In 2009, i was able to get a house of my own, and now i plan to file an annullment. I have few question though.

1. she is working abroad can i still file?
2. i dont want to file any other case (adultery) except annulment, will i still have an edge of being granted an annullment
3. She might accuse me also of bigamy and abandonment, can that be avoided?

Thanks, I hope to hear positive responses

View user profile

2 Re: annullment but not filing adultery on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 am

attyLLL

1) yes, there is a process of what to do when the other party is outside of ph territory

2) imo, there is no clear basis for annulment in your narration

3) aren't you with the kids? and don't get married to anyone else or live with them

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: annullment but not filing adultery on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

grivera

Arresto Menor
We already have our own lives and the kids are adopted by my in laws and no longer with me. She had several relationships already and I had too, won't that be enough basis?

View user profile

4 Re: annullment but not filing adultery on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

grivera

Arresto Menor
We already have our own lives and the kids are adopted by my in laws and no longer with me. She had several relationships already and I had too, won't that be enough basis?

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum