Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child support

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child support on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:27 pm


Arresto Menor
good day, gusto ko lang po sanang humingi ng advice, nagkaanak po aq sa dati kong boyfriend na may asawa na, iniwan po nia aq ng mabuntis nia aq, gusto ko pong humingi ng suporta para sa bata, anu po ba ang dapat kong gawin? may karapatan po ba akong mag demanda kahit hindi nia pinirmahan ang birthcertificate ng anak ko? sana po matulungan nio ako, salamat po.

View user profile

2 Re: child support on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:42 pm


Arresto Menor
gusto ko lang pong linawin na hindi po nia sinabing may asawa na sya, ang sabi lang po nia sakin ay may anak lang sya, hirap po aq sa buhay kaya gusto q po sanang 2lungan nia q sa pagbuhay sa bata, un lang po at wla npong iba, salamat po,.

View user profile

3 Re: child support on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 pm


The law obligates all parents to give financial support to all their legitimate and illegitimate children (Article 195, Family Code of the Philippines). But unlike legitimate children who are automatically entitled to support from their father, illegitimate children shall only have a right to support if they have been expressly recognized by the father through the record of birth appearing in the civil register, or when an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument is made by the father (Section 1, RA No. 9255).

Since your Child was not recognized, you will need an admission in a public document or private handwritten instrument by the father that he is acknowledging your offspring before you may initially ask for financial support from the father of your child.

Now if you have the supporting documents, send him a demand letter for support. If he unjustly refuses to give support to your daughter despite your extrajudicial demand, you may file a petition for support against him before our courts.

Please be reminded that this advice is based solely on the facts you have narrated and my appreciation of the same. My opinion may vary when other facts are changed or elaborated.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum