Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Registering birth with father abroad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Registering birth with father abroad on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am


Arresto Menor
Hello, i'm hoping someone can help me, myself and my fiancee are expecting a child in May this year and have a slight concern over registering the birth Crying or Very sad

My fiancee is currently a Filipino living in Manila where she plans to give birth, however i am English and currently live in the UK, i do plan to take paternity leave in June/July however we need to register the birth before that time.

So my question is, as a Briton living outside of Philippines how do i go about getting my name on the child's birth certificate as the father and to have the child take my surname?

I have seen the affidavit and the live birth forms but all ask for details presuming i'm Filipino, is there a form that i can post from the UK that would substitute this, we really could do with the birth being registered before i arrive in Manila so that i can obtain a UK passport for my child whilst i am there.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer me Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: Registering birth with father abroad on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:02 pm


i believe our PH consulates have a form for acknowledgment of paternity. if not, then you can base it on the ones from local civil registrar. you'll have to notarize at our PH consulate and send it here.

i recommend that your fiancee should inquire with the local civil registrar where she plans to give birth because this is not a normal thing.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum