Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

absence of marriage license

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 absence of marriage license on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 am

ria.charm

Arresto Menor
I am married (civil) for almost 5 yrs now but my husband and i were separated (not legally) for more than 2 years now.

is the absence of marriage license a ground for a marriage to be null and void? we don't have a marriage license when we got married because we we're both in abroad and we just came back in the Philippines for the wedding.

View user profile

2 Re: absence of marriage license on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:20 pm

rchrd

Lack of marriage license may be an irregularity of the marriage but does not necessarily mean the marriage is void. In certain instances, the marriage license is not even required.

View user profile

3 Re: absence of marriage license on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:43 pm

attyLLL

it will depend on what ground is stated on your marriage contract to exempt you from the rquirement of a marriage license. if you can prove that the ground was untrue, then it may be possible to have the marriage declared void.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

4 Re: absence of marriage license on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:40 am

ria.charm

Arresto Menor
it is stated in our marriage contract that we are exempted from securing a marriage license coz we are already living together for some years which is not true coz we just lived together for 2 months in abroad since he followed me there but we came back together in the Philippines after that 2 mos that we've lived together.

View user profile

5 Re: absence of marriage license on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 am

attyLLL

very similar to one of our case in the office, then if that can be proven to be true, the court should allow an annulment.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum