Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Civil Status issue on Purchasing a property

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Civil Status issue on Purchasing a property on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm


Arresto Menor
Need urgent assistance re my situation:
- I've been separated from my wife since 2007 and haven't been living together ever since. She is in the US and already has her own life there. We are not in very good terms as well and have not communicated with each other. (Not legally separated or annuled yet)

- I am purchasing a condo unit and my down payment is almost complete.

- As advised by the developer to prevent issues, I declared myself "single" and was originally opting for "in-house" financing for the rest of the TCP balance.

- Talked to the developer recently and realized that the interest is very high. So they advised that if I could look for a bank that can have a work around for this and grant me a loan, it should work.

- Talked to some banks and one of them gave an advise to get a lawyer's document (they forgot what it is called) stating that I've been separated for x number of years with witnesses signed etc.. This is for them to waive the spouse signature requirement in the bank application.

- My question is: What is this document called and how fast and do you have an advise on where can I easily get one? They mentioned that this is not the "Legal separation" document, this is just a simple statement like an affidavit.

Hope you can help me. Thanks.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum