Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

More than 5yrs of marriage but not living together

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I am married to an american guy but we are not living together. He filed a petition for me in 2009 and was approved. Hindi pa ako nakakaapply ng visa kinansel na nya yung petition and sent a divorce paper. He has this unchangeable mind. When we are together, as if we have no problems. Pero pag bumabalik na sya sa US, nagbabago ng isip. Gusto na makipaghiwalay without clear reasons. Napapabago ko naman isip nya nagkakabati rin kami pero bumabalik pa rin gulo ng takbo ng utak nya. I never met any member of his family. Pumupunta lang sya dito and stayed with me for more or less than a month. Katwiran nya wala naman sya work dito. Hindi naman sya kagaya ng ibang foreigners na mayaman. Pag may work sya dun lng sya nagkakapera. First 2 years of our marriage, 2x a year sya pumunta. on the 3rd yr and 4th yr, hindi sya umuwi. on our 5th yr, pinapunta ko sya dito at my own expense. Hindi nya nafollowup yung divorce, nagexpire na. Bago sya umalis nung nakaraan, nagfillup uli kami ng I130. ilang weeks lang sya nakabalik sa US, sabi nya ikakansel n nman daw nya at magsesend uli ng divorce. Gusto ko po sana magkababy na at magsama kami atleast 1 yr at makilala ko naman yung family nya saka sya magdecide na maghiwalay kami kung tlg ayaw nya. Inalok ko na na dito na lang sya stay sa Pinas kaso ayaw din naman nya. Nahihirapan na ako. On and off kami. Lagi ako ang nagkoconvince na hindi kami dapat maghiwalay. Hindi sya tumatawag sa akin ako lang lagi. Hindi rin sya nagbibigay ng monthly financial support. Shall I get annulment na ba?

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
I think the right question is; Tama pa ba ang ginagawa mo? ikaw lang ang makakasagot nyan.
for annulment, check the grounds if there is applicable to your case, or you can try psychological incapacity.

View user profile


if you have given up on your relationship, think the better legal remedy if he is amenable, is for him to get a divorce under US law and assist you in having that divorce recognized here

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum