Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I use back my maiden name to my gsis and other work-related papers?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I am married for 14 years but husband left us 3 years ago for his mistress he met in Qatar.

My concern is can I use back my maiden name at work, GSIS membership and my passport? I entered the public school when I was still single and just submitted marriage contract and there the using of my husband's maiden name followed.

Thank you and more power.

View user profile


i'm afraid you cannot compel them to change their records unless your marriage is dissolved.

for all other private purposes, you can use your maiden name.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum