Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Claiming for the last pay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Claiming for the last pay on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:14 pm

honey_mhl30

Arresto Menor
Hello Sir/Ma'am

Just want to ask does the employer required to informed the resigned employee of his/her last pay?

Or it should be the resigned employee be the one to follow-up with the previous employer?

THanks

View user profile

2 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:49 pm

vane

Prision Mayor
They are not required to update you with your last pay but they can do so. However, releasing of your last pay before it reaches 30 days is their responsibility. if releasing of your back pay reached or go beyond the required period, you may go to NLRC for money claims. Also, you may do the follow up and if they failed to release it with the required period, you may go to NLRC provided that you have supporting docs(email, texts etc)that you've done follow ups.

View user profile

3 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 pm

honey_mhl30

Arresto Menor
Actually po, I'm in the employer side (admin department), the employee resigned last November and we prepare all the necessary docs for his last pay but since his last day we never heard anything from him and the check will expire already.

We want to clarify if we have violated any law in regard to this.

Thanks again

View user profile

4 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:43 pm

vane

Prision Mayor
was that a regular employee?.seems he doesn't need money;)..as long as your company is willing to give him his last pay whenever he wants to claim the money (u did ur part), there is no problem with that. Just keep supporting docs,text or email informing him that he can already claim his money..its better to be safe, who knows..

View user profile

5 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:04 pm

attyLLL

i recommend you send him a notice; it's the decent thing to do

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:53 am

honey_mhl30

Arresto Menor
OK po ... thanks for the advise. more power

View user profile

7 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:25 pm

sirking1991

Arresto Menor
attyLLL wrote:i recommend you send him a notice; it's the decent thing to do

I like your answer attorney!

View user profile http://talktomylawyer.tk

8 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Fri May 03, 2013 11:31 am

sportstuff

Arresto Menor
hi po. i need help.

i resigned from work after only 1 week notice. in our contract, i should render 15 days in the company prior to resignation. pero pinirmahan naman ng supervisor ko, manager, etc. in short, na-complete ko pa ang clearance ko since pinayagan naman nila akong mag-resign kahit 1 week notice lang. i am now in another company. my question is: is it legal for my previous employer to deduct my tax refund since i wasnt able to render 15 days? ang sabi nila, since di ako nag render ng 15 days, considered ABSENT ko daw yon at since wala akong makukuhang back pay, ang deduction daw ng ABSENCES ko ay kukunin sa tax refund. legal ba to? when i told them di nila pedeng galawin ang tax refund since it is mine and bawal yon, ang sabi ng accounting dept sakin, BAYARAN ko daw ung absences ko para i-release nila yung cheque ko. ano yon, magbabayad ako ng 1/2 ng monthly salary ko para lang makuha yung tax refund ko? ofc di ako pumayag. another question: may habol ba ako sa previous company ko?

View user profile

9 Re: Claiming for the last pay on Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm

attyLLL

sports, answered your other post.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

10 Re: Claiming for the last pay Today at 1:43 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum