Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need urgent help...child custody

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Need urgent help...child custody on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:26 pm


Arresto Menor
Dear all

This question might have poped up beforehand but I could not find it at all. The following is the situtaion:

I am a foreigner not resident in the Phill. I met a Filipina fell in love with her, have given her a lot of Peso's and found out she was lying. Now apparetly she is pregnant with my child. I assume that it is correct and will have a DNA Test done. The question is the following, assuming that I am the father I have the two following possibilities:

1. Being an arsehole, and not accepting the child, i.e. not signing any documents etc.

2. Being responsible and signing the relevant documents that I am the father.

Nowe I wish to support the child, but not the mother. How is this done according to the Phill. Law, must I come up for the mother, even though she is lyning, has never worked with the exception as a Bargirl. Please do not misunderstand me, I wish that the child, should it be mine, gets suported, but I do not want to support the mother.

I look forwrde to your response.

View user profile

2 Re: Need urgent help...child custody on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:01 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
just shoulder the actual needs of the child.

food or groceries
school (in time)
and hospitalization (if need)

dnt wory. the mother canot force you to give atleast 90% of your income:)

just give the actual needs of the child.

View user profile

3 Re: Need urgent help...child custody on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 pm


Arresto Menor
Thanks a lot for your help, I will be more then willing to support for the child if I am the father, then I would also be doing that I would be together with the mother Smile.

And as long as she get nothing (even if I am aware of the fact that she will keep the large amount for herself) I am happy. Then she has taken over Pesos 480'000.00 already.

Best regards


View user profile

4 Re: Need urgent help...child custody on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:03 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
ok goodluck sir:)

salamu alaikum...

View user profile

5 Re: Need urgent help...child custody on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 pm


your are not obligated to acknowledge the child, but if you do, you are only obliged to provide support for the child.

acknowledgement is through signing of the birth certificate or issuing an affidavit. in some cases, some guys provide support without issuing a written acknowledgment.

i recommend you keep your options open as to acknowledgment while still giving sufficient support to allow her a safe pregnancy.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: Need urgent help...child custody on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 pm


Arresto Menor
Dear atty

Thanks a lot for your response and follow your advice and wait till the child is born and then get the relevant tests done. I the meantime I will carry on supporting her so that she can have a safe pregnancy.

Best regards


View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum