Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

civil case for offensive word??? PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I am a german citizen and live since 8 years in the philippines. I am worried about something and hope that you can help me with some information.

What happened:

My neighbor a german also complained in the barangay about my concrete fence. The barnagay captian and 1 kagawad wanted to see the fence and so we went to the site. The complainant didnt stop talking and even he was not asked he always interfered. I told him to please shut his mouth because he was not asked by the kagawad. He started to insult me and shouting at me. Igot angry and told him " you acting like a Nazi". He went fourios and tried to attack me but the kagawad went in between us. He told me he is going to file a civil case for that offense against me.

Of course Idont know the law and the rules in the philippines. For me that was no offense at all.

Can you tell what can happen??? I mean is it in the philippines an offense to say you act like an Nazi and if yes what could be the penalty??

In advance thanks so much for your answer

Kind regards Mark Baker

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
That's ridiculous! there's no such law for an insult being called NAZI! He is indeed acting NAZI! If someone insult Filipino as "your acting like Joseph Estrada" (he is an ex-president and was charged of plunder) it is not a serious offense to any of us! just ignore it! it will not go anywhere you are both foreigners/strangers in our country they will just try their best to calm you both down as they will not want visitors to live uncomfortably in our country! In fact you two are not Filipino citizen he can take the complain in Germany if he wishes to sue you, but I doubt it will prosper as it is outside of Germany jurisdictions!

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum