Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANNULMENT AND CHANGING LAST NAME

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ANNULMENT AND CHANGING LAST NAME on Wed May 15, 2013 4:55 pm

rachel1027

Arresto Menor
Hi. I am new here on this site to seek some advice.My family situation is a lot complicated.

When I was 7 my parents filed a legal separation and the custody were given to my mom. since then I never stayed or had a good relationship with my father. No annulment had happened.
My father found a new partner and started a new family.
My mom went to Saudi using Single status on her passport. she found a new partner and they managed to get a marriage license (I dont know how) and changed my mom's lastname into his name. They have 2 kids now registered as a filipino citizen . He is a korean citizen. Prior to meeting my mom, he was married to a filipina also but has long been not seeing and communicating for almost 20 years. Their marriage were registered in Philippines and Korea but there was no annulment or divorced happened.

The questions now are these:
1. Can we file an annulment for my stepdad without the previous wife? We will be filing an annulment also for my mom and real dad.

2. We want to change the kids citizenship or make a dual citizenship for them, will it cause us trouble or anything since our parents are not legally annuled on their previous partners.?

3. Since I grew up with him as my father we want to change my family name under his name. is that possible?

I hope someone could give us advice. It will be of great help and it will be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Rachel

View user profile

2 Re: ANNULMENT AND CHANGING LAST NAME on Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 pm

concepab

Reclusion Perpetua
In legal separation, they are not allowed to get married again. So IMO, the marriage of your Mom with the Korean is void from the beginning. No, you cannot change your last name with the approval/consent of your biological father.

View user profile

3 Re: ANNULMENT AND CHANGING LAST NAME on Wed May 15, 2013 7:55 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
@rachel1027 Check your PM! Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum