Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of my son's surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Change of my son's surname on Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi atty,

I am a single mother, but my child is carrying his father's surname. I agreed to do so, at first, thinking that he would be a responsible father to our son, even we are not married. He signed the birth certificate as acknowledgement. But after 8mos, he was gone. I don't know where he went, i did not gave an effort po para maghabol pa because I was thinking that if he doesn't want this, I won't force him. My son is now 8yrs old, and no father appeared. Just wanted to ask if there is a way that I can change my son's name to my surname, instead of his father's. I don't want my son to have any connection to that name anymore, and I'm worried that my son is growing knowing no relative from his father's side. His father, as checked thru facebook, has now his family which am not sure he had before or after us. Please advise me of any course of action i can take. Do i have to wait for my son to be of legal age, so he can freely choose what surname to take? Thanks and God Bless!

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum