Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage separation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marriage separation on Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 am

Baldymark

Arresto Menor
I am currently married for nearly 19 years living in Manila. I am a foriegn national and over the past 6 years the marriage has broken down. There is very little communication, she does not sleep in the same bed as me and has only had sex may be 3 times in the past 2 years. Whenever we talk it always ends up in shouting and arguing. I am at a point now where enough is enough, this affects my daughter and I do not want this. I do not want to be nasty with a separation, I have told her that all I want is my car, motorbike and personal possessions , I paid for the house but at the time of purchase I was only on a tourist visa and my name is not on the title. I told her that she can have it. I can not be with her and need to move on. There is another woman that I have started seeing but this is just a friendship, it is not sexual. Of course my wife does not believe anything I say.
In out phone calls one minute she is nice and accepts I am tired and want to leave her then she becomes very angry and threatens me saying " that I will not be safe in the philippines" also " that I have to watch my back" then she will be nice again.
All I want is a friendly split with no hassle. She says that I am hers and I can not do anything.
Please could you give me advise to help me. Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Marriage separation on Tue May 28, 2013 1:23 pm

attyLLL

you are not legally compelled to stay with her, but you are required to provide regular support.

also if you start living with someone else, you will be liable for the crime of concubinage.

if you want to dissolve your marriage, i would recommend to look to your resident state, rather than here.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Marriage separation on Tue May 28, 2013 3:10 pm

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
Since you are a foreigner, file a divorce in your country and when its approved submit it to any Philippine municipal where you are and wait until it get processed! Though this may affect your residence status. Solution? while on divorce process observe the new woman but don't get involve sexually or live with someone else, so your wife can't sue you for concubinage! Razz not that its easy to prove that you had sex with someone else anyway! this has to be proved caught in the act! Then when divorced has been aproved the next step is to file under Philippine jurisdiction and when approved you can then marry the new woman! Wink So all you need is patient! if you know your wife is no longer worth it! why put up with her? But remember after divorce all the properties between you and her are conjugal, unless you had pre-nup from the start!

View user profile

4 Re: Marriage separation on Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 pm

carl434

Arresto Mayor
since he is from another country, how does it work if she turns around and sale a house he paid for... is he entitled to his share of the sale?

View user profile

5 Re: Marriage separation on Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 am

AWV

Reclusion Perpetua
I'm afraid NO! Only if their marriage is registered in Philippines otherwise, no proof of marriage? no conjugal properties to deal with!

carl434 wrote:since he is from another country, how does it work if she turns around and sale a house he paid for... is he entitled to his share of the sale?

View user profile

6 Re: Marriage separation on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:59 pm

carl434

Arresto Mayor
@ awv im afraid your wrong, i have a friend that is going threw the same thing, the house and everything else was in his gf name, they split she took everything all and all about 3m so my buddy went to the big police office in manila and they supina her, because she cant prove that income or show anyway she could have come up with that money she has to sign the house over to him to be sold as for the rest...... its his lost all and all he get the house back... and he did already just waiting to sale it, and as for the things well that was his lost that was about 500k.

View user profile

7 Re: Marriage separation on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:59 pm

carl434

Arresto Mayor
@ awv im afraid your wrong, i have a friend that is going threw the same thing, the house and everything else was in his gf name, they split she took everything all and all about 3m so my buddy went to the big police office in manila and they supina her, because she cant prove that income or show anyway she could have come up with that money she has to sign the house over to him to be sold as for the rest...... its his lost all and all he get the house back... and he did already just waiting to sale it, and as for the things well that was his lost that was about 500k.

View user profile

8 Re: Marriage separation on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

attyLLL

the girls should have sought counsel from a lawyer so she could have kept it all

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

9 Re: Marriage separation on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 pm

carl434

Arresto Mayor
THEY COST CASH. AND THAT SHE DIDNT HAVE... SHAME MONEY EVEN BUYS JUSTICE! CONGRATS TO HIM FOR AT LEAST GETTING HIS HOUSE BACK MY GOD, WHERE IS THE REAL JUSTICE IN BEING RIPPED OFF.

View user profile

10 Re: Marriage separation Today at 7:55 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum