I have a employment contract with my current employer saying that I should give them 60 days written notice before resigning.
• That on May 02, I tendered my resignation with an effectivity date of May 30, 2013
• When I submitted the same I was advised by my manager that I needed to comply with the 60 day notice period as I was covered by such. She amended the letter to reflect June 30 as my new effectivity date
• I tried to negotiate for an earlier effectvity date since there is nothing to be transitioned.
• While serving my notice period, I started already with my new company with an effectivity date of May 14.
• Even though I am already starting with my new employer, I still report to work from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
HR of my current company told me that this arrangement is not acceptable and I can be hold liable for double employment.They also told me that I can be terminated even though I resigned first. They want me to push back my employment with my new employer which I cannot agree.Kindly help me with my situation. What are the consequences and what can be my legal remedy.