IMPORTANT: Please USE THE APPROPRIATE PETITION FORMS (whether for new applicants or bar repeaters), printed on 8x13 SIZED BOND PAPER. INCORRECT PETITIONS SUBMITTED WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Applicants for the Bar Examinations must file a verified petition in the form prescribed by the Supreme Court (available at the Office of the Bar Confidant (OBC) for free) from June 1 to July 15, accompanied by the following documents:
A – FIRST TIMERS
1. Birth Certificate (issued by the NSO or Local Civil Registrar) –
- original or certified true copy
- In case of any discrepancy of entries between the Birth Certificate and Transcript of School Records, the applicant is required to submit a corrected birth certificate or corrected school records as the case may be.
- In the absence of birth certificate – apply for Late Registration.
2. Marriage Certificate (original or certified true copy)- for Married females only
3. Three (3) testimonials of good moral character each executed by a member of the Philippine Bar (form may be furnished by the OBC for free).
4. Official Pre-Law Transcript (original or certified true copy)
- In case the Rizal Course is integrated with another subject(s) appearing in the transcript, a certification from the school to that effect is required.
5. Official Law Transcript (original or certified true copy)
6. Certificate of no derogatory record from the Law School where applicant graduated.
7. Certification from CHED confirming graduation from the College of Law (C-2) - (Not applicable to graduates of UP or State Universities /Colleges governed by its own charter)
8. Three (3) copies of latest un-retouched photos w/ name IMPRINTED thereon – (1 ˝ x 1 ˝ )
9. Self-addressed and stamped envelope
B. REPEATERS (TWO-THREE TIMERS)
1. Three (3) testimonials of good moral character each executed by a member of the Philippine Bar (form may be furnished by the OBC for free).
2. Certificate of no derogatory record from the Law School where applicant graduated.
3. Three (3) copies of latest un-retouched photos w/ name IMPRINTED thereon – (1 ˝ x 1 ˝ )
4. Self-addressed and stamped envelope
C. REPEATERS COVERED BY SECTION 16 OF RULE 138 (Those who failed the Bar Exams for three or more times)
1. Refresher Course
- Individual certification under oath by professors that the applicant passed the following subjects (indicating the grades):
Civil Law Review I & II
Labor Law Review
Taxation Law Review
Political/Constitutional Law Review
Commercial Law Review
Criminal Law Review
Remedial Law Review
- Certification under oath by the Dean or Registrar that the professors mentioned above were bona-fide professors of the school where the refresher course was taken.
2. Pre-Bar Review Course
A. Certification executed under oath by the School Registrar that the applicant is enrolled in, and is regularly attending the Pre-Bar Review Course.
B. Certification of Completion of the Pre-Bar Review Course (to be submitted 60 days after Bar examinations.)
3. All the other requirements for repeaters under letter B above.
D. APPLICANTS (whether NEW or REPEATERS):
1. WITH PENDING CASES (civil, criminal, administrative, including cases filed with the Prosecutor’s Office and Office of the Ombudsman) must submit a:
* Certified true copy of Complaint/Information
* Certificate of pendency of the case/ Certificate of status
2. WITH DECIDED CASES (civil, criminal, administrative, including cases filed with the Prosecutor’s Office and Office of the Ombudsman)
* Certified true copy of Complaint/information
* Certified true copy of Decision
* Certificate of Finality of Decision
* Clearance from the Court, Prosecutor’s Office or From the Office of the Ombudsman, as the case maybe