Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 UNJUST TERMINATION on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 pm


Arresto Menor
I would like to know if I can sue my employer for the scenario below.

The company issued a dslr camera to me and it was stolen inside the premises of the office. Months later they are asking me to pay for it but I disagree to pay the whole depreciated amount as there was also a negligence on the end of the company for not having a security camera. So i agree to pay 50% only of the depreciated amount. I also agree to pay 4,000php a month starting june until I have paid the 50% which amounted to 11,000php. So more or less it will take me 3 months to pay for it.

Few weeks later I tender my resignation with 120 days notice for me to be able to pay for the camera. The company policy is actually 90 days notice only. But since i have something to pay, i rendered 120 days notice.

My boss talked to me and told me that they cannot prolong my stay in the company. I dont have to wait for 120 days. Im surprise as the company policy is really 90 days and now she is telling me to leave the company in 30 days. She knows very well that i need to pay for the camera that's why my notice is 120 days.

I feel emotionally, financially, and mentally tortured by them. It very obvious also na ginigipit nila ako. Can i sue my employer for this?

View user profile

2 Re: UNJUST TERMINATION on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:28 pm


the law requires only a 30 day notice period. you can argue to withdraw your resignation because they didn't accept it.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum