Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 21-year old sister is having a realtionship with a married man...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
My 21-year old sister is having arelationship with a married man who claims that they are already separated but not legally. He has one child with this girl but my sister is blinded with the love he has for this man. Despite lots of reminders and reprimands, my sister doesn't listen and sees us as antagonists in their relationships. We just want her to realize that it is wrong to fall for a married man in the sight of God and men most especially. This man is her former instructer in her college and we found out that they were in the relationship for 11months already. I brought her here to Dubai but they still keep communicating. AN upon several attempts to talk to that guy, he said he cannot let go of my sister. Do we have a power to sue him in the court? What are the evidences needed? Please someone help us, because this relationship is like a curst in our family...

View user profile


if you go after him, that will really push your sister to defend him.

how about trying to look for the real wife? she has lots of rights which can be enforced against the guy, if you can convince her to take action.

a married man courting and having a relationship with another woman, by itself, is not a crime. it can lead to concubinage, but it is only the wife who can file that case.

if you really want to take legal action, the first step is to have a lawyer send a letter to the man demanding that he stop these actions and pay restitution. if he fails, you can file an civil complaint for damages based on art. 26 of the civil code or some other legal basis.

having to face a legal case, he may desist. but as to the case prospering, that will depend on what evidence you are able to provide and the appreciation of the judge.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Thanks so much! on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:03 am


Arresto Menor
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you reply Attorney! I think it will be a lot of help for our family...I might post some queries again later as the case progresses. Thank you again!

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum