Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm a tenant and house was burned by electrical issues. Can I sue my landlord for my damages even we only have oral agreement

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hi Just want to ask about this thing. My rented house got burned last November 2012. It was electrical problems. Its not our fault. When we asked the landlord what we should do to the damages of our properties. She just tell us that it was a chance to take in renting the house. Without mentioning any reimbursement. She asked us to move the house after that without giving back our deposit and answer to my question. We talked to her as being a helpful tenant that we will help it fix here coz we know she's tight on money. After that converstaion she never contacted or response to us anymore then suddenly there's a letter came to the house saying that we owed her money for months we stayed waiting for her and fixing her house with all our expense (She demand the same rent fee that we pay during the house still not burned) The house is inhabitable. She said that we don't a have a written lease to her only oral or verbal agreement that we need to pay her every end of the month. (month to month) rental, So is it valid if we demand for damages of our properties during the stay in her house? Its not our fault. Even the 3 electrician and fire department who checked it says its electrical problems (fault wiring) or poor wiring. What case I can file against her? Please reply

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum