Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 annulment on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 pm


Arresto Menor
I would like to consult you about my case. My husband and I have been separated for 6 years, (not legally), we have a daughter that was born a year before we got married. She is now 11 years of age. Currently my husband has filed for annulment. One of the terms in the annulment is to take custody of our child. Our child has been living with my parents since we separated. We both have been supporting her. He’s currently working in manila and I in Baguio. Our daughter is in Pangasinan. Because of the mediocre salary I get, I could not afford to have her live with me as of the moment.   

First of, I would like to ask if she is still considered an illegitimate child since she was born before we got married, and would it mean that  I have legal custody of her? Secondly, how would this affect the annulment case? The statements or facts stated in the case shed negative light on me. Truth be told, these are all lies. I was initially a willing patsy to end our marriage legally that is until I saw the custody clause. Thirdly, as I understand it, the courts will let my daughter decide who to go/live with. Is that true? If so, it would explain my husband’s behavior of suddenly being a “good father”.  Lastly, what are my options to make sure that the custody of my child remains with me?

Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: annulment on Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:51 pm


she was deemed legitimated when you married. 

the best way to protect your interests is to acquire a lawyer to represent you. if you can't afford one, try coordinating with the prosecutor assigned to the case (but note that it's standard procedure to try to 'neutralize' his opposition)

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum