Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lupang nabili ng anak ni Mayor pinipabayad na sa amin agadagad

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Do you know any NGO who could help us regarding a land which is recently being claimed by our Mayor and his son. There are irregularities in the payment scheme they are demanding and they are demanding payment within 30 days else they would sell the land to other interested parties

We do not have enough fund to pay attorney and the one lawyer here tells us that our Mayor is close to the Governor and we would need to prepare at least 150 to 200, 000 pesos to file a formal complaint against the Mayor and the realty corporation of his son. The attorney we talked to also told us it would take several years for this kind of legal battles. 

Most of the people residing in the lot does not have the money to pay our Mayor and his son the total amount if they are indeed the real owners now but we are willing to work out some kind of terms and we are asking they give us legal documents to make sure we are really paying the real owners of the said lot

At present, representative of the Realty of Mayor and Mayor's son are collecting money for land survey and initial payment of 10% 

The price started at 70 pesos per square meter then became 250 pesos eventually became 500 pesos and at present 1,000 pesos per square meters. They are not accepting cheques only cash. And based on the letter yesterday. We only have 30 days to pay our obligations

HLURB provided us a certification that the people selling this properties has no Certificate of registration and has no license to sell

-Kindly give us some advise on what's the best course of action
-We do not have much confidence with the local government here since the son of the Mayor is the saying they are now the legal owner of the land and Mayor is close to our Governor
-Can you direct us to a NGO who helps people with similar concerns

Mayor representative are practically egging us to file a complaint at UMBUDSMAN and to me they probably has very good connections

We really need some help but we do not know where to turn to and what is best to do at this point

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum