Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adding Japanese Name to a Marriage Certificate

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Good day Sir/Madam!

I just like to ask what are the requirements if my mother-in-law which is now in Japan would like to clarify/add her Japanese Name to their Marriage certificate (MC) issued at Paranaque. She was born in Japan with a Japanese mother and a Filipino father, that made her a Japanese citizen but was only issued a Japanese passport last October 2006 but with her Japanese name only (YOKO UEMATSU) She was married to a Filipino year 1981. Their Marriage Certificate indicate only her Filipino name (LUCIA U. NARTE) and a wrong nationality (supposed to be Japanese) She would like to change her name to LUCIA YOKO UEMATSU NARTE & her nationality since it's the only issue there in their embassy because she's having hard time getting her daughter and husband here. My father-in-law was quite confused becaused he was advised by the Local Registrar to look for a lawyer. We have zero ideas when it comes to legalities of their MC: what kind of lawyer we have to look for and how long will it take. Please help us...thank you.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum