how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls
2 Re: how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:49 am
• Unless you have been told for some reason to restate the question in your own words, do not waste valuable time repeating information that your instructor has already written down. Move immediately to answering the question.
• Order the points of your discussion. Follow some sort of sequence -- logical, chronological, procedural, etc.
• Add support to assertions. Incorporate examples or facts that support these main statements.
• Tie your discussion to your focus. Explain, both along the way and in your conclusion, how everything fits together.
• Be direct when you write. In the interest of making maximum use of your time, keep your sentences short, use adjectives and adverbs sparingly, and avoid parenthetical remarks.
• Use signals to direct the reader through your points.
"There are three reasons why..."
"In early Greece....But in Rome..."
• Be legible. You will probably not be graded on neatness, but you could easily lose credit if your instructor has a hard time reading what you have written. Sloppy handwriting, non-standard abbreviations, multiple cross-outs, and confusing circles and arrows will all make grading difficult. Remember that your instructor has many other papers to read and may easily become impatient with anything that makes grading harder.
6 Re: how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:57 pm
Every person, in the exercise of his rights and in the performance of his duties, act with justice, give everyone his due and observe honesty, respect and good faith. (Art. 19 NCC)
Is your answer automatically wrong if you misquote what was stated in the article? Please, I need an enlightenment on this one.
7 Re: how to answer an essay exam?? tips pls on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:33 pm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum