I would just like to ask for an advice about my problem.
I'm a fresh Grad last March 2013. Now, I was employed by a Montessori School. We are considered Teacher Trainee and employee as well and so I signed a contract stating:
1. I will undergo Montessori training as a school meaning free and the school will provide allowances.
2. The Training will consist of:
*PART 1: April to May 2013
*PART 2: JANUARY 2013
*PART 3: APRIL - MAY 2014
* 1 year internship starting June 2013 - March 2014
* 1 year service June 2014 - March 2015
It is also stated in the contract that if I quit, I will be paying 300K PESOS worth of Scholarship. Also, if you intend to quit in the middle, I need to pay for the actual damages for that period of time.
Unfortunately, they did not provide me of the signed contract. Now, I left the school last May 30, 2013 due to my back pain. I already presented medical certificate stating of the severity of my back pain and needs rehabilitation. When I informed them last May 30, 2013 about me quitting, they said that I need to give my resignation letter and med cert stating I'm not fit to work. But my doctor didn't gave me one and my back pain is really unbearable so I failed to pass the resignation letter and med cert.
Now, I received a letter from the school last July 1, 2013. It was written last June 7, 2013 asking me to come back for else I will pay 111,000 pesos for the actual damages. They provided me the copy of expenses.
My questions are:
1. If I will give my resignation letter and medical certificate, is this will still be considered as Breach of contract?
2. If it is still Breach of Contract, do I need to pay for 111,000 pesos? if not, do I still need to pay?
3. I don't have the means to pay the school. What should I do?
4. I don't want this to be on court. Can this be settled without me paying the 111,000 pesos by just giving them the medical certificate that I'm not fit to work?
Please do help me. I really need your legal advice and it would mean a lot to me. Thank you!