Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

how to settle property left by grandfather

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 how to settle property left by grandfather on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:36 pm


Arresto Menor

My grandfather died in 1985 (his wife died yrs before) leaving a house and lot in the town proper, and some other properties in here in the province. He had nine children -- 2 (sons with wife and kids) had died before him, 1 (daughter unmarried, no child) died in 1994, another son (with wife and kids) died in 2006.

Now there are only 5 of the children living, one of them is my mother. My grandfather left a Quit Claim before he died, wherein he stated for whom his properties will go to. This Quit Claim did not include the house and lot (the one considered ancestral house of the family) in the town proper.

Now, one of my aunts wants to know how to go about  in settling this problem of the properties. Is it possible for the other grandchildren to revise the distribution already stated in the Quit Claim, and claim some properties for them? Because some of my cousins feel that the properties were not distributed properly, and they want more share of it...

thanks for your help...

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum